Saturday, August 30, 2014

The Hound of the Baskervilles

This book by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle has been on my to-read list for such a long time, I finally decided to pick it up.  I wish I had done that sooner, I thought this story was fantastic.

The Hound of the Baskervilles had me terrified, the story had me guessing and every book that I read has me loving Sherlock Holmes more and more.

This story has Holmes and Watson investigating the death of Sir Charles.  His family has been plagued by the legend of the devilish Hound of the Baskervilles for generations.  The family fears the moor at night, they stay indoors so as to not tempt fate.  Sir Charles buys into the legend wholeheartedly, making all attempts to avoid the moor and making plans to move away from the area.  So why then is his dead body found out there late at night, the night before he is to move away?  Even more intriguing, why are there paw prints from a hound close to the body?  Holmes must solve this mystery before the heir to Sir Charles' fortune meets the same fate.


No comments:

Post a Comment